Thursday, September 13, 2007

What's next????

First of all...THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments about my strength...I don't feel strong at all, so when I hear that others think so, I am encouraged and reassured that God is with me!!!
Now, for our upcoming schedule...

Next week Tuesday we have an appointment with the Oncologist, he will take a blood test to check the white cells and then let us know if Jeff has to take more chemo pills. He really hasn't had a full course of chemo, so he may have to start taking them again.

Wednesday we are going to have an evaluation done with cognitive therapy...this is for his memory...it is used most often with stroke victims and any other brain damage victims...we don't believe his memory loss is because of brain damage, but this may help him to get his memory back sooner and it could enhance it as well...I was thinking that I might also benefit from a memory enhancement!

Thursday we have the appointment for the MRI with contrast...it won't hurt him at all but it still makes him nervous. I am a little nervous as well...I really don't know what the next step will be after the results of the scan.

Then the next week we have an appointment at Cedar Sinai to discuss the results of his MRI.

From Sept 30 to Oct 3rd we want to try to go to San Diego for a few days and take Dalaynee to the zoo...we need to get away!

Please continue to pray for the cancer to be gone, patience and grace for me, and a new prayer would be for God's direction...the immediate future seems so uncertain right now...our disability and family leave will be exhausted in a few weeks and I'm not exactly sure what I will do if we need more time.

Thank you again for the unbelievable encouragement and prayer...we are SOOOO blessed!!!
~Jayne~

4 comments:

Gina said...

God's grace is sufficient for you, for His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Isn't is wonderful that when people commend you for your strength, they are actually seeing God's strength in you? We pray for you continually, and pray now that you will continue to be strengthened in his ever-presence. Leah and I sang this simple song this morning at story hour at church: "My God is so great, so strong and so mighty, there is nothing my God cannot do!" Love you, cousin...

Annette B. said...

I can't top what Gina already said. So true. Love you guys, and we continue to pray for patience and healing! That San Diego getaway sounds like a great plan!

Jayne said...

You two are some of our many blessings through this trial...THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jayne,
We are praying for Jeff's complete and total healing and that ALL his memory comes back. His disorientation has got to be frustrating and hurtful to you, and so our prayer for you is that you're able to handle every part of this journey knowing you're in the hands of Jesus. Your continuous example of servanthood is such a testimony to so many! We all love and appreciate you!
Jeff, Fran, Allison, and Elizabeth