Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Memory loss Smemory loss!!!!!

We just got back from the Cognitive therapy evaluation and I think this is really going to be good!!! While we were waiting for the therapist to call us, Mike & Sue Buccowich walked in...they were there for Sue's evaluation, we were very glad to see them, but didn't get much time to talk. After asking Jeff many questions and doing little exercises the therapists suggested he come in twice a week for 4 weeks to start...she believes that they can help him by giving him tools to compensate for what he's lost and help make it easier for him to remember (I still think I'd also benefit from this therapy). Jeff doesn't remember anything about the visit right now, but I believe this is going to be VERY helpful...tonight we have our group therapy, which is very good also, however, I have to remind Jeff of that as well...see, I need memory therapy to increase my memory capacity!!!! Just a note--one of the things the therapist (Shelly) asked him to do was write a sentence about himself...here's what he wrote.."I believe that God in is control of this situation and everything is going to work out fine." He doesn't remember writing that, but if that's what came out, that's how he feels...Praise God!!!!

Thank you again for all your comments, cards, gifts, and most of all prayers...God's will is perfect and we will rest in it, nest in it & fully be blessed in it!!!!
~Jayne~

2 comments:

Becky said...

Great attitude, Jayne. Praying for you both that this therapy helps (both of you!) :)

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Now that's what I'm talking about. You will both beat the pants off the rest of us in the next round of mafia.
Keep remembering, One day at a time.
Love ya all.