Monday, September 24, 2007

Some of you already know...but...the Dr. called this afternoon to tell me that the Chemo and radiation that Jeff has gone through did not work...the MRI he had last Thursday showed no shrinkage and maybe even a little growth. We are floored!!!! This is not what we expected, however, we still know with all our hearts that God is in control and because of that we will not give up! We have options...the dr's are going to look into some other chemo treatment and we know some who have had other treatments that have given them better outcomes than what the dr's suspected...so...this is just a set back...not an ending!!!

Please pray for Jeff's attitude and continued strength for me...I am feeling mighty weak about now, but Jeff told me tonight that he needs me to be strong because he's ready to give up & refuse all treatment; that was when I decided I will not cry in front of him anymore...but...alone, that's a different story! Anyway, keep praying for our family and the Buccowich family also. We had dinner with Michael and Sue last night and it was a great evening! They are doing pretty good right now, but still need much prayer.

Through it all, we remain blessed and comforted by your love, kindness and prayers!!!
~Jayne~

4 comments:

Annette B. said...

Jeff & Jayne,

It's hard to understand where God is leading and what His plan is. Your news floored me as well...but even more reason to get down my knees and lift you up in prayer right now. God is faithful...not exactly always in OUR time, but we know He is. "Morning by morning, new mercies I see..."
Love to you all...Annette

Gina said...

I'm so sorry that this was the news you received yesterday...my thoughts and prayers are with you this morning, and I pray that you wake up not only with the sight of new mercies, but also with a renewed energy and will to keep fighting. To continue the quote from Annette: "Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow....blessings all mine, and 10,000 beside!" We love you, and we stand with you in hope and prayer.

Becky said...

Jeff and Jayne,

We're so sorry to hear this latest news. We continue to lift you up in prayer for strength and patience as you try to discern God's leading.

Love, Eric and Becky

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear about Jeff's latest results. We will keep you both in our prayers. Hang in there Jayne, you are strong. Just take it one day at a time. Jesus will give you both strenght. I love the toddler bed. Both of my kids slept in one too. And it is "just the right size." We love you.
Sharla and Eric