Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day to Day...

Today was a pretty good day overall...after I dropped Laynee of at Preschool I came home and made some phone calls...one was to UCLA...I had been referred to doctors there in a round about way from a friend of a friend and then Mike Buccowich called and said that they had a follow-up appointment for Susan yesterday at UCLA (with one of the same doc's my friend had mentioned) and they explained about Jeff's case to their doc's...they were told to have us come in ( if that isn't a word from the Lord, I don't know what is)...so...we have an appointment next week Wednesday!! Also, from my cousins sister-in-law I was referred to doctors at Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona. I will call them tomorrow. I also made an eye doc appointment for Jeff. His eyesight was kind of off before they found the tumor and I don't think it's gotten better or worse since...but...he seems to be mentioning it a lot lately, so we might as well rule it out as tumor related...also, it just may be that he is 43 and it's time for glasses...so at least we can determine all of that. I felt a bit more positive after getting those few phone calls done...maybe something will pay off for us.

Please pray for Jeff's depression and hopelessness...knowing that the treatments did not work, he feels very defeated right now. I need more strength & also hope...I'm finding that sometimes I don't believe myself when I tell him it's going to be okay.

You are a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Jayne~

6 comments:

dawn said...

Jayne and Jeff, Just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you daily!(you're on my computer list of things to pray for) I can say I understand the feeling of ups and downs, strength and weakness...the song and verse that always comes to mind is Great is Thy Faithfulness..It has been my strength many times. The Uncles and Aunts gave me a picture when Mom Died...It says "MyGrace is Strongest When You Are Weak"...May God give you that Strength in the Coming Days. your cousin from Iowa..Dawn
P.S. I'm just starting My Blog..still under construction

Jayne said...

Dawn,
Good to hear from you...Thank you for the encouragement and prayers! Let me know when you get your blog up and running, I'd love to check it out!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr. & Mrs. Nord... did I see Phoenix, AZ may be an option for you to further your search for Jeff's medical care??? Welp it just so happens we live about 20 minutes away from Phoenix in beautiful stinky cow heaven Chandler. We are here if you need a place to stay. Let us know if we can help. In the meantime, know that big HANDS hold you both.
480-471-8395 home phone
Peace beyond measure,
Karin and Mike

Jayne said...

Thank you Eldreds!!! I will keep your number accessable and let you know what we find out. We are feeling the results of all the prayers and are bathing in God's blessing!

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Jayne - I said a prayer for you today (as every day) that God will give you an extra measure of strength. Just take it one day at a time. We don't always know the why's but we can be assured that God is in control and he will walk with you through this rough time. We pray for you daily!! We love you lots.
the Ellens Family

Jayne said...

Thank you Ellens! We are sooooo thankful for our family and all the prayers!!!