Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Immediate prayer needed...

Just a short note for a specific prayer request...
The last few days Jeff has been experiencing horrible headaches...from what the doctors have said, I believe these are due to the swelling in his brain but they have told me to taper him off of the anti swelling drug...and...so far, Tylenol seemed to control the headaches, so when I talked to the doctor's nurse at Cedar Sinai about giving him more anti swelling meds she informed that the doc feels there shouldn't be an increase as long as Tylenol seems to be taking care of it. Well, very early this morning (4:30a) Jeff woke up with a terrible one and so I gave him Tylenol and he tried to go back to sleep...then he awoke at 5:30 and asked if I had given him anything for a headache and then again at 6:30...I think about 7a he was feeling better. Again this afternoon between 3p & 3:30p he asked for something for a headache...we were out running errands so I gave him 3 Advil from my purse first and then one more a little later (a medical professional once told me that I could take up to 4 "over-the-counter" pain meds at a time and still be fine (I have had headaches for years)...at 5p he was still in major pain so I gave him 3 Tylenol...not until about 6p or 6:30p did he start feeling better and then, of course, his stomach started bothering him! My concern is that he hasn't taken the chemo pill for 3 weeks and next week Monday he has to take it again for 5 days...which may increase his side effects! We have an appointment next week Monday with his GP who is the one that prescribed his Nausea meds, so maybe we can get a higher mg, since his chemo mg is higher....Please pray that we find a way to relieve him of these minor, yet monotonous, side effects since they tell us we may need to do this amount of chemo for 12 to 24 months.

"The Lord Bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you, the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you peace!!!!!!"
~Jayne~

3 comments:

Becky said...

We think of you guys so often through the day, we'll keep this in our prayers as well.

Annette B. said...

We will definitely add this specific request to our prayers! Thank you, Jayne, for all your comments recently on our blog as well. Little Lucas is definitely keeping us busy and helping us put things in perspective!!

Unknown said...

I'm awed by you both. I'm awed by faith. Psalm 121.

Praying...