Monday, October 29, 2007

Boundless Blessing!!!

This past Saturday about 8:15a...6 men and 1 boy showed up at our house to do whatever needed to be done to make our lawns look manicured again (as Jeff usually keeps them). Well, since our wonderful neighbor across the street is very dutifully keeping up the front lawn, I directed them to the back yard...in May Jeff planted a vegetable garden (annual event) and in early June he had his seizure, so because I am not the garden kind of gal, his vegetables were okay for awhile, but eventually dried up and bit the dust. Our lawn was starting to look like one of those you see with the old broken down vehicles in it (although without the vehicles)...within 1-2 hours these wonderful, giving saints had that yard looking clean cut and put together! Jeff was in bed all morning because of migraines and nausea, but when he got up and looked, he was very pleased and thankful!!!! Just a note...when in a situation like this, God blesses you in ways that you don't even think of...I figured one of these days I would get out there and pull all the old plants etc... Anyway, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS...YOU GUYS BLESSED OUR SOCKS OFF!!!!...

{From back to front: John VanderMeer, Doug Palmer and Corey...
I'm sorry, Corey, I don't remember your last name =( }


{In middle: Jeff Hogan}


{Ken Chavarria}


{Tim & Elijah deKoekkoek}


On another note:
This past Friday morning, I heard my little girl call out "Mom, I'm going out to watch the trash truck.", this is a normal occurrence on Friday Morning...when I came around the corner to see how far she had gone out of the front door...this is what I saw... Pajamas, headband, slippers, & stool perched on the porch to witness the show!!! When she came in she was quite excited {although it is not yet Halloween, we had to throw away a pumpkin because she dropped it too many times and it had a soft spot on the side}...while the trash man made the big arms dump the collected trash in the front dumpster into the back of the truck, Dalaynee got to see our pumpkin fly in the air as it made it's way with the rest of the trash!!!! What a GREAT way to start a Friday!!!

...
Jeff has definitely been doing better in the headache and nausea departments, especially when he's not taking the chemo...but...he's not doing any better with the day timer/journal...I have come to realize that I am sometimes too easy on him...I think it's because I've never had to tell him what to do, he's always been very capable and particular about how he does things, so he didn't need, or frankly want, my help...so I'm still trying to get used to telling him what needs to be done! I have been keeping up on writing daily events in his journal so he can at least look at it as a reference...today I went through everything with him a couple of times and even though he gave me a dirty look, he paid a little bit of attention! Please pray that along with strength, I have the diligence to push him a little even when it's not comfortable for me. Also, Dalaynee came down with the flu on Saturday night (4-5 times during the night we were up)...she only threw up 2 times yesterday and was able to keep a little down today...please pray that neither I nor Jeff get the flu. Please also continue to pray for shrinkage or obliteration of the tumor to be the result of the next MRI 2-3 weeks from now. Personal Note: I've come to understand that when the Bible says that God will never give you more than you can handle...what it means is that He will give you the strength to handle whatever circumstance He puts you in...6-7 months ago if someone would have told me my immediate future, I would have asked God to spare me, because I am not able to withstand something like this...in looking back at the past, almost, 5 months I am simply amazed at how God has brought me this far! I am re-learning to NEVER doubt our Heavenly Father or His perfect will!!!!

Jeff & I constantly pray for God to Bless others as they have blessed us!!!!
~Jayne~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of your "baby" watching the trash truck... mine used to like that too. I think God enjoys surprising us with things we least expect. Keep a journal of all the little things he does, so some time you can look back and really have your socks knocked off. God is good and I agree, he will get you through anything! Even when it seems really difficult. Love, Sharla

Jayne said...

Well, you have been to difficult and back cousin, that's for sure!!! Thanks for the idea of the journal...I'm going to do that!!!

Gina said...

This entry choked me up a bit, Jayne...I know how incredibly huge the blessing of your family in Christ is, and I am grateful that you are open to letting people bless you in these ways. Hope Dalaynee is feeling better...Leah had the throw-up flu last week, and this week it's a sinus thing, so we're just dealing with all the little bugs around here. Love you and praying for you!

Wubben World said...

Hi guys -
I too have been the recipient of such kind, unexpected gestures from loved ones....it's overwhelming to be on the receiving end - but it's a great reminder of Christ's love for us!! You're right - he promises to help us get through life's most difficult circumstances...he doesn't promise it will be easy - yet he is ALWAYS there! I can testify to this on more than one occasion and it brings me to tears to think about how faithful God is!!
Hang in there! He's not finished with you guys yet! He loves you as do we!!
Kathy

Unknown said...

That is just plain AWESOME! We want God to show us something cool and when he does it's like smokin awesome. Praying always. Your blogs always help give my faith a recharge.