Saturday, August 16, 2008

EXTRA!! EXTRA!!

Well, we have a new addition to the Nord family...

Meet...Dayzee!!!! She is 1-2 years old, part Australian Shepherd, Border Collie and maybe a little Sheep dog. She wieghs about 50 or 60 lbs...bigger than I originally wanted but she is just so sweet. She is spayed, house trained and micro chipped. So, how can you go wrong?


She is also VERY gentle and protecting of Dalaynee (and me)! I think Jeff would have liked her...he knew a lot about dogs and we were talking about adopting one a year or 2 before his tumor was found.





One thing.....
When we were out of the house most of today and then a few hours this evening...and after I didn't close the back door well enough (she is inside only when we are home)...she got in the house and because we weren't there, I think, she...well...see for yourself...




That's right...bit into and tore up our fake wood mini blinds!!! I was very upset and Dalaynee was crying because she thought I wanted to get rid of Dayzee. I assured her that Dayzee is a part of our family now, and just like I don't get rid of her when she does something that upsets me, I won't get rid of Dayzee.

Also, I started working on a volunteer basis at church this week...I'm doing administrative stuff for a friend of mine that is the Coordinator of our Compton Initiative. This was my first week...Mon, Wed, Fri...I am loving it!!!!

Well, just some new happenings around our abode! Bless you all!!! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers...we are experiencing God's presence and peace!!!
~Jayne~

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the family Dayzee!! How fun for the both of you to have a little "excitment" around the house (minus the blinds of course)! Looks like Dalaynee is in love with her already!

Gina said...

So cute, and I'm sure it's nice to have a dog around to hear any "middle of the night noises"...we have a dog who wouldn't be considered anything more than a ball of fluff, but she can bark like the best of them if she hears something strange. I hope you are having fun adjusting to life with Dayzee! Leah is still talking about her evening with Dalaynee...way too short, but so much fun.

Love you guys!

Corky and Kay said...

How fun. We miss our little dog.She died right when the bad dogfood was around.

dawn said...

What a sweet new family addition...pets bring so much love. We love our pets too. I love the picture of Dalaynee and Dayzee "sleeping together"..what a great name !!!!! Dawn

Just us Belds said...

loved the picture of the blinds! I wonder what was going through her mind as she ate away at them? Hmmm.
Anyways, enjoy the new pet she will be a nice face to come home to

Becky said...

Love the name and she's pretty cute, too! :) Enjoy your new addition.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I thought, oh she doesn't look that big, until I got to the photo of her and Dalaynee. That's a big dog. Bet you love her already.

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Dayzee. Love the spelling of her name.

Its easy to see Dalaynee is in love with her dog!!!!

Continue to enjoy working at your church! You are still in our prayers!

The Carroll family said...

Jaynie
Sweet looking dog...your life will never be the same...She looks like a perfect fit for you guys. Too bad about the blinds...they sure do love to chew..
Glad you had a good trip too.... we think of you constantly and are keeping you in our prayers.
Lisa

Jayne said...

Thank you all of you for your thoughts and prayers...We are sooooo blessed!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful addition... We still have some of those moments with Dutchie - but I sure love her unconditional excitement to see me and be with me, especially when I am feeling lonely. :)

Love the pictures too. I often pray for God's continued blessings on you, renewed each day. Love you both! Monique (& Rick)

Anonymous said...

That is so great you guys got a doggie, how is going now that she's been there a little while? The welcoming party was too funny! Fun idea! We have 2 dogs right now, and they just love the kids, our smallest dog thinks she is Casey's keeper, its just great. Dogs and kids, priceless fun!