Monday, September 29, 2008

It's been awhile...

Sorry for the delay in posting...every time I've looked at the blog, I hesitate for some reason. Anyway, here are some of the new happenings in Nordsville...


In addition to the blind, Dayzee chewed and scratched through the screen on my front door (I was just outside in front talking to one of my neighbors and Dayzee felt left out). So, the next step was to get a more sturdy door that she couldn't scratch or chew...in other words...a security screen door. Since Lowes was having a sale, this was the perfect time...so here is my new security door...



I LOVE it!!!! Except that it covers the mail slot in my front door and since I've forgotten to keep the screen unlocked two times...the post office held my mail until I purchased an outside "mail receptacle" SO...here is my new "mail receptacle"...




According to the USPS, it had to be "securely fastened" to something...so I got out Jeff's screw gun and "securely fastened" it to the plant shelf!!! Kind of proud, if I do say so myself!

Here's a photo of the front of our house...just in case no one has seen it before...Jeff and I were a little hesitant to have black trim...but we always said that every time we drove up, we were so pleased at how it looks...






Now, just a prayer request...we are leaving for a week's vacation at Lake Havasu, AZ on Friday. I am excited and apprehensive, we usually went here with two other families 2-3 times a year and this will be the first trip without Jeff. My step sons and daughter-in-law will be along and my Mom, along with good family friends, the Poelstras...so...there will be tons of support for me. Please pray for comfort, strength, and safe travel.

Thank you...may God be with you all!!!
Jayne

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there - Good to hear an update, and I love the new screen door (and mail box) Well done getting that up yourself! It's amazing what we can do when we HAVE to...not always by choice.
Have a nice and relaxing time away with family and friends. God will be with you!!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Looks good. Don't you just love doing something like that and finding out you can? Next thing you know you will be laying ceramic tile in the bathroom!
Have fun on your trip.I knew you will even with the hard times.

Just us Belds said...

thanks for the update Jayne, I have missed your blog updates.
I hope you have an awesome time on your trip, God will give you strength.
Hope you aren't leaving the dog home, you might not have furniture when you get home! LOL

Jayne said...

We are leaving Dayzee home, Lisa...but I have a great reccomendation for a house/dog sitter,so she should be just fine!
Thanks for all the good wishes for our trip...I'm sure it will be fine!

Unknown said...

Great to see you back Jayne! The Lake will be different this time. Of course everything is different. But God will bless you. I know it! Enjoy yourself.

Becky said...

Jayne, good to hear from you and that things are going okay for you and Delaynee and Dayze! You're house looks great (thanks for the pictures, I don't ever think I've see your house). Have a good trip. What a good thing for you and Delaynee to do as hard as it may be. Have fun!