Monday, March 24, 2008

small wrench!

I heard from our Nuero Oncologist at Cedar Sinai in LA today, he wanted to know what our decision was for further treatment. When I told him what they proposed in Illinois and that we felt this seemed like a better option than more chemo, he quickly got back to me to say that he strongly disagrees with Jeff having more radiation, he believes that radiation is not the answer for us at all. He says that he just realized that Jeff only got half a dose of the Avastin with the last chemo treatments (Avastin is the medication they were giving along with chemo), he recommends a full dose with a different chemo.
Now I am really confused!! I think we might still go to Illinois tomorrow and sit down with that doc to discuss the differences in the treatments and then go to LA to talk with that Doc on Friday, I'm not sure yet. I am starting to think we may be staying home for treatment. The LA Doc is a Nuero Oncologist (brain Cancer doc) and the Illinois Doc is a Radiation Oncologist (Radiation Cancer Doc). They are not specific to the brain in Illinois and in LA they are. Please pray that God gives me direction. Thank you!

2 comments:

Just us Belds said...

oh Jayne, I had a headache for you!
We will keep praying that God shows you which direction you should go.

Becky said...

Oh Jayne, all I can say is we'll pray for CLEAR direction. What a HUGE decision!