Monday, March 3, 2008

Pushing forward...

Well, I just got off the phone with Christie Nelson, the girl I've spoke with before at Cancer Treatment Centers of America http://www.cancercenter.com/about-us.cfm . And she is going to double check our insurance and then call me tomorrow to connect me with the appointment coordinator. She said we'd probably be going to the facility in Zion Illinois...they pay the round trip travel costs and we just need to pay for the lodging. Christie also said that, with Jeff's permission, they will check all his medical records before hand to make sure they would have options to present to us before we travel out there. I am excited...this all sounds good!!!

Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and wonderful supportive comments and emails! We are so blessed by all of you!

Below is a devotional by Greg Laurie that a friend sent me...very appropriate!!!

When God Seems Late
"Then he told them plainly, 'Lazarus is dead. And for your sake, I am glad I wasn't there, because this will give you another opportunity to believe in me.' "
Sometimes God will not come through as quickly as we want Him to. Mary and Martha, two friends of Jesus, faced this dilemma. Their brother Lazarus was sick. It was a serious illness. So they sent word to Jesus.I think they probably believed that Jesus would make a beeline to Bethany to get Lazarus off his sickbed. But Jesus intentionally delayed His arrival. Mary and Martha were thinking of what was temporarily good. But Jesus was thinking of what was eternally good. This delay was for their sake. It was for them to learn a lesson.Meanwhile, Mary and Martha had probably been saying, "Jesus will be here. He will drop whatever He is doing and be here." But He didn't show up on the day they wanted Him to. And He didn't come the next day or the day after that. Lazarus had now passed from sickness to death. In their minds, all hope was gone. By the time Jesus arrived in Bethany, Lazarus had been in the tomb for four days.Here was the problem: Mary and Martha wanted a healing. But Jesus wanted a resurrection. He brought Lazarus back to life and, as a result, many believed in Jesus. Mary and Martha's faith was strengthened, as well as that of the disciples.Like Mary and Martha, we will say, "God, if you loved me, you would do this. You would take care of that." But God says, "Because I love you, I am not going to give you these things." God wants to do something greater in your life. Will you let Him?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jayne. What a wonderful reminder of How Great is Our God. Thanks for sharing the devotional with us. You mentioned how much you love and appreciate our Coffee Break Group, well, know that I love and so appreciate that God placed you in my midst. Your sharing, your open, honest relationship with God is so refreshing and helps me to take notice of the barriers that I put up so often in my relationship with Him. Thank you for helping me to work on that. You are such a blessing to me. Love you, Ruth