Thursday, August 9, 2007

What I do when not working...

Happy Thursday!
Dalaynee and I went to our neighbors mom's house to swim this morning...very refreshing!! Jeff is just worn out from the treatments so we let him sleep in...then he got up to eat lunch and went back to lay down...poor guy, I wish I could take away some of his fatigue. Anyway, just thought I'd share how well Dalaynee remembered what she was taught in swimming lessons...


With arm floaties on, she would start by the steps (where she is in the above pic) and swim by kicking and dog paddling to the ladder (top left of photo) then...


as you can see above...she'd climb out of the pool and walk around to where she started in the shallow end to do it again & again...I was amazed and proud!


She was also pretty good at propelling herself backwards by kicking!!


These little girls are the neighbor's granddaughters...Ashley, and Hannah (in the middle). Needless to say, they had a great time and we'll probably do it next week again. NOTE: after seeing these pics, I think Jeff might pull himself out of bed and come with us next time...thank God!!!

His treatments and chemo make him very tired, but it's just not like him to sleep most of the day...and sleeping the day away makes him more tired and depressed. Please pray that I am able to get him to be a little more active without pushing him too hard. Tonight we go to Oasis, the prayer service at church...always an inspiration and blessing...even if Jeff doesn't always remember the service, he is able to remember that he was blessed!!!

Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, comments and cards...we are experiencing God's love through his people!!!!
~JAYNE~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff and Jayne,
Everyday Rob and I check your site as well as the Buccowich's. Jayne, I will be praying for you as you continue to run a household and love and encourage your husband during this difficult time. If you need a little inspiration, Beth Moore has an amazing video segment called "Faith Fights". It was very encouraging to me and I think you would be encouraged too. Let me know and I will get you a copy. Meanwhile the Nyman's will continue to pray for Jeff's healing, his spirts and strength for you.
Love from your church family,
The Nymans
Rob, Lisa, Ashley and Jonathan

Kryna said...

That little girl of yours is so sweet! It is great she is catching on so fast to swimming too.

Anonymous said...

HEY JEFF AND JAYNE
THE VANDEN BERGS CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOUR FAM AND A GOOD RECOVERY. ALL IS GOOD ON THE WORK FRONT. EVERYONE AT WORK MISSES JEFF AND ARE ALSO PRAYING FOR HIM. WE LOVE YOU GUYS. HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

B

Fati said...

Papa Jeff look's really good with a shaved head...hmmm...maybe I should convince Andrew of doing this too?! LOL! =]

Fati said...

Wow...I think she's a far better swimmer than myself!!!

Great pictures!