Friday, August 24, 2007

The light at the end of the tunnel is in view!!!

JEFF HAD HIS LAST RADIATION TREATMENT TODAY AND HE GOT THE OKAY TO STOP TAKING CHEMO!!!

He may have to take chemo pills again in 2-3 weeks, but we are thankful, and at the same time a little anxious about getting a CT scan in 2 weeks to see what effect the treatment had on this tumor. Jeff's major concern is his memory...he is physically tired and also mentally tired from having to ask me the same question 20 times a day! Also, he has dreams, that he won't be able to do his job, etc...keep in mind, he was a worrier before they found the tumor and now I believe the medication and treatments may have an enhancing effect on his worries!!! Although, he has told me that, he does not believe that God is going to take him home yet, so that is not something he worries about...thank goodness!

Please pray that Jeff's memory is restored quickly or at least enough so he is able to see an improvement! Please also pray for his worrying. Another prayer request would be for me...I found myself extremely impatient with Dalaynee today...she is definitely more difficult because daddy's getting extra attention...and, of course, my patience is being all used up by Jeff's forgetting...but I feel like I'm overreacting when she does something wrong...please pray for patience and clear thinking for me when it comes to her.

Thank you...Bless you all!!!!
~Jayne~

5 comments:

lauri said...

I think Dalaynee is an angel...I don't know what you are talking about!

Gina said...

Sounds like a biased aunt to me...Leah has one of those as well. :) Jayne, thanks for your honesty about your needs as well...we will continue to pray fervently, but especially will pray for a spirit of peace to come into your home. We love you all!

Anonymous said...

HEY CUZ. I AGREE WITH LAURI, SHE IS AN ANGEL. WE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU, JEFF, AND DALAYNEE. SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU ARE IN NEED OF A BREAK. IF YOU EVER FEEL LIKE YOU NEED SOME ONE ON ONE TIME WITH DALAYNEE JUST LET ME KNOW. I WOULD LOVE TO HELP OUT AND SPEND SOME TIME WITH JEFF. LUV U GUYS!!

B

Becky said...

Congratulations on making it this far! Praying for all of you through this all...especially for MOM, Lauri may be biased but having 3 of my own that age, I feel for ya! :)

Jayne said...

Yes Laur, she is an angel with you because you play with her the whole time you are with her and love it(that's what aunties do)...thanks, by the way, that is GREAT for her! Gina, Thank you for your prayers and love, I talked to your mom today...thankful for her concern as well! Brandon, thanks for the offer...I will definately keep it in mind!! And Beck, First, thanks for the other gift cards...you made me tear up again (those darned tears seem to flow so easy right now)...I believe you deal with this more than me with 5, and even though I know that you wouldn't have it any other way...God bless you!!! I pray for you guys too...that blessings are as frequent as stressors!!!