Thursday, June 14, 2007

Words from Jeff


What's up everybody!
I'm alive and kicking and "having more fun than I should" (a quote stolen from one of my best friends and Ministry partners, John Brennan). I can certainly say that the world looks a lot different since my diagnosis...waking up in the morning and hearing the birds singing, baby Dalaynee running around the house and all the sounds of the world around me hold a whole new meaning! Since this is my first entry in the Nordsville blog, there are a couple of things I'd like to say...
Needless to say, I've been involved in ministry for over 14 years and I will continue to serve to my full capacity as long as I am able. The prognosis is promising as you can read in previous posts.

Thank you for all your prayers, and I also want to thank my place of employment, Cosco Fire Protection including Fred Kramer & John DeSousa for there awesome support.

Please lift my wonderful wife up in your prayers, because she bears a large part of this burden and helps me to stay positive. We continue to covet your prayers for healing and that many come to know the Lord through this journey. Please also pray that I am able to live life relatively normal during treatment. We are overwhelmingly blessed by our family, friends and church family!

In closing, as you go through your day completing needed tasks, I urge you to stop, look at the world around you, and appreciate life. Do your best to make a positive impact on the world, because none of us know the will of the Lord and what our future holds.

8 comments:

Faith Poelstra said...

Keep on inspiring us Jeff!

Becky said...

Thanks, Jeff! It's good to hear from both of you and your attitude and good spirits are amazing...truly a gift from God. We'll keep praying and also enjoying lifes little moments throughout the day.

lauri said...

Amen, Brother in law

AnnetteB said...

What an awesome fact that we know God is in charge!! We are definitely praying for you guys...we're encouraged by the doctor's report...and look forward to seeing how God uses you in this situation! Thanks for reminding us to take time to "smell the roses".

kidchick said...

you guys are showing that God will give His amazing strength in weakness. We pray that you will find incredible amounts of JOY and HOPE in each day and that you will continue to depend on our FAITHFUL HEALING God.
we love you tons
chris and nichole

Unknown said...

Hi Jeff love the blog and love the picture of you and Dalaynee! She is adorable and you are very handsome. All my love and positive thoughts are with you.

michelle said...

Hi Jeff, Wow, what an inspiring message. Really made me stop and think. Brett and I are praying for you and your family, you truly are an inspiration to us. we wish you the best :) Love michelle guyatt

Tony Roper said...

Jeff, I wish I was half the man of God you are. You are going through so much yet your faith is still so strong. I pray for you and Jayne on a daily basis and know God has an awesome plan for you.