Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pretty much the same...

Hi All I'm sure you are wondering what is going on with us!

Jeff had his first chemo treatment a week ago Friday and will have his 2nd next week Thursday. The increased steroid has helped with his confusion, but he is still very mixed up now and then...always seems to be confused as to if we own or rent out our house and if we are married...sometimes he will even say "Does my wife know all of this?" Off and on the relationship between him and Dalaynee is a little strained...he doesn't always have the patience for her and she (I think) views him as the weaker parent. Anyway, this past Thursday we had a small incident when I was in the other room...Laynee was crying to beat the band and when I asked her what was going on, she said "Daddy hit my head." Well, I knew that wasn't true...so I asked Jeff and he said that he tried to tell her not to do something. Laynee is already not too used to Daddy telling her not to do something so I was the referee...I told her that Daddy did not hit her and that he loves her and just didn't want her to get hurt...I also explained to Jeff that she is only 3 and doesn't always understand what is going on with him right now (he tends to use a louder voice than necessary to tell her no, which scares her), I asked him to remind her that he loved her (all elementary stuff that he's lost sight of right now). So, Jeff told Dalaynee he was sorry he raised his voice and they hugged and all was well, thank God! Then when she got tired....


she politely crawled up in his lap and fell asleep...I was so blessed!!!!


Prayer requests...Please pray for the relationship between Jeff & Laynee, so she can remember what a wonderful man he is...also that I have patience and compassion...I am getting to the point where I feel more inconvenienced than compassionate for Dalaynee or Jeff when they cry (Jeff is very emotional lately)...I don't like this part of me at all. Also, pray that God restores Jeff's memory and obliterates the cancer. And most of all that God's name is glorified, that we are a blessing to others, and that some may come to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour through our journey!!!


Thank you to all of you for consistently interceding on our behalf!!!!
~Jayne~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jayne, we are keeping you all in our prayers always.
Your strength inspires me!!
Love,
Kath

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Jayne, you are always in our prayers.God is wonderful and in control at all times.Psalm 55:22..Cast your burdens on the Lord and He shall sustain you, He shall never permit the righteous to be moved..Is there a group support available for you at Church For loved ones going thru this? We went for whole year to support group and it helped to know that others were feeling the same feelings as you. You are never alone.Remember this saying...
"I may not know what tomorrow holds...but I know Who holds tomorrow." Love you guys. Love Corky and Kay

Jayne said...

Thank you Kay!!!! I will remember that last phrase for sure! There isn't a support group at church, just my girlfriend and her husband...she was diagnosed with a brain tumor about a week after Jeff...she is doing quite well at this point, but they are always a good support for us.

Kath-thanks for the prayers...know that we are praying for Maria and Trav and of course Zack!!

Bless you guys!!!