Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tid bits of info

I've been meaning to post this for the past few days, but can't seem to find the time. We went to Jeff's GP about a week ago and when I told him how loopy Jeff acted that one night he assured me that it was from the sudden increase in his steroid pill (he went from 4-6 mg a day to 8mg 3 times that day)...the doc said that it's pretty common for sudden changes in meds to cause delirium...WOW, what a relief!!! I'm just wondering why the ER doc never mentioned it...maybe I wasn't clear about the increase...anyway, I'm thankful...no more worries about the gas being turned on or talking to people that aren't there etc! Also, because of Jeff's horrible headaches the docs told me to give him 8 mg of steroid twice a day...after about 2 wks, his memory is considerably better...he saw something on tv this morning and said "Oh, that's a rerun. I said What? You don't remember seeing things before! He said he swears it was just on about a month ago!!! That means that most of his memory loss could indeed still be caused by swelling!!!! I am amazed!!!


Thank you for keeping us lifted up...continue to pray for strength, healing, and that God would calm Jeff's fear...he's almost constantly afraid, but knows that God's hand is upon us and that this is a journey God wants us to travel right now.


You are all such blessings to the Nord family!!!!

~Jayne~

7 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

That sounds very encouraging. You are always in our prayers. Your strenght and faith are a witness to us all.

And I love the new blog look.

Anonymous said...

Great new blog. I still need to create on... Can't think of a catchy name. Terrific news! we will continue to keep you in our prayers. My memory isn't so good either... Age? No couldn't be. Always in our prayers.
Sharla

Becky said...

Love coming here to see more good news! Hurray!!!

Anonymous said...

jayne
I got a compuer at home, just recently hooked up. I don't know if you will get this, becuase I do not have an email address at home....(I am so - not computer savy....yet ) I saw your beautiful mom at our Welcome booth sunday. She sure does smile alot, even when giving updates and showing concern.....I still see a peace amongst her outlook. I realized, she is being carried , by our Father. Just like you . Wonderful wesite! great information. I went home and prayed for Jeff that Sunday, and now just got in the site.....What wonderful stuff.
I just talked to my bro in law Rick, and he brought my attention to Jeff again, so today was the day to read your updates.

I know you get tired. From what I read, you have been 'ultra busy' placing things back in order, I am sure. But what I get about you over all is the heart you have , as seen in your updates. You show heart, you care and you may be weary, but these updates still show us a girl who fights her battles behind a mighty Lord. "Run like your in a race and the only one to get the prize" as it says in the word. I am honored to know you Jayne, and to Jeff(God interrupts fate) and little ms princess ....you are a blessing and a joy to your parents.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jayne the past note above this one is from Shirley Dean-Lopez.... not annonymous ;)

Unknown said...

Great news!! Thanks for the updates! I'm checking in on you regularly and praying daily!
Love Kath

Kryna said...

Yeah, that sounds great! Thank God!