Monday, December 10, 2007

Still Trusting!!!


I haven't updated in awhile because not much has changed...Jeff is still forgetting that he has cancer and all the other events I mentioned before. There was one day last week when he was able to remember the Cancer thing most of the day without my reminders. Yesterday, just as we sat down in church, he complained about not being able to hear the music...that lasted a little more than 20 minutes, but I was ready to walk out of church and take him to emergency...when he said he could hear fine again, I just broke down! This is sooo scary sometimes...it's almost like waiting for the bomb to drop!! After church I thought I'd try not to give him reminders unless he asks and even when he didn't remember where something was in the house or that it was Sunday, he just shrugged his shoulders and didn't ask me anything. Later in the evening his question was "Am I sick, do I have cancer?" Like always I had to confirm his worst fear, adding encouraging things like the Dr's are not hopeless etc...etc...etc... Anyway, today he's had a headache most of the day and has been in bed, but I think he's remembering about the Cancer...so...we'll see how this evening goes. The high point will be going to Dalaynee's Preschool Christmas Program...she assures me that she sings really good!!!! We will make sure to get it on videotape, otherwise Jeff will forget...

Nevertheless...GOD IS GOOD...ALL THE TIME!!!!! We continue to take one day at a time and trust our heavenly Father.
Bless you!!!
~Jayne~


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God give you and Jeff comfort and strength in this difficult time. We will continue to pray for healing. Let us know how the preschool program went... I'm sure she does sing well, she's a Van Hofwegen isn't she? Take care and we pray that you will be able to enjoy the holiday season... even if it is just the "small" things... the lights, music, time together. Love you.... The Ellens

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Ah Jayne, I just wish I could give you all a hug. Know that we are praying and keeping you close in our thoughts.

Unknown said...

God is God. I wish I could say more.

amanda_nicole said...

You are one strong cookie! It is amazing to see the strength and encouragement you’ve been able to have and give. Keep hanging on to HIM! xx

Anonymous said...

Jayne, your mom said on 1/10 a new drug and treatment will take place. I came home today and remembered.
Let God carry you especially today and this next few weeks. We, are his daughters....right about now is when we can use the almighty Father above all to lean on and to hold you around your shoulders and hug you. Lean on him like a child to a father, but he is the almighty one for sure.When in fear and when in doubt- face it, admit it, and know its ok to be scared, just keep saying to yourself "God has my back". Also to add , he has your feet-to lead you onto this path, and he has Delaney and your husband all wrapped in his arms.Have you ever seen those portraits, of a child asleep and this huge angel in the bedroom standing over the child asleep? The wings alone are as big as the bed....
Have you ever seen those bumper stickers" Whose your Daddy?"
I always smile when I see those
....because we've got'THE PERFECT FATHER.My prayers to you Jayne. ~Shirley Dean-Lopez

Anonymous said...

Jayne
I am learning there are dimensions to bad news-especially when heal matters are in play.

I like the last update, its educating us.....who know nothing about all this. It sounds much brighter than a few days ago. I have heard many times over, in order to be terrific- you must be specific. When I pray it is as if you and I are talking..very detailed and to the point. I pray to God , our father and its like an open conversation with only blessings in return.

thank you for taking the time for the details as they matter tremendously. Don't worry, you are the person who is the real threat to this disease however, God the father is the maker of all and he lays out our plan each moment. I will continue to pray for you each that this will be something to talk about when were older like in 40 years from now. We do not need this kind of hurt upon a family who gives so much and loves the Lord endlessly. Hang in there girl, your doing so wonderfully thru all this. Thank you for your beauty and heart. ~Shirley Dean-Lopez