Saturday, December 22, 2007

Prayer Warriors Unite!

I apologize for the delay in updating...
In my previous post I told you that last week Wednesday night he had headaches and vomiting, well, on Thursday night he went completely loopy...it was like he was high on something, he wouldn't stay in bed and he was talking about a crew that he had to feed and painting that had to be done etc...like he was a foreman on a construction site...he was talking to people who weren't there and talking to me like I was just some girl he was with, not his wife...then I got up to find the whole kitchen torn apart, the gas was turned on on the stove and the stove was pulled away from the wall, the microwave was pulled away and the toaster was hanging by the cord off of the edge of the counter...that was when I started to cry and yell, "Lord, I don't know what to do!" At about 4am I called my parents and they came over...after 2 hours of watching him, they advised me to call 911...he was taken to ER by ambulance and a few hours after taking a CAT scan they said they talked to his oncologist and since nothing looked any different than the last MRI he should be okay to go home...I was a little nervous about what Friday would bring, but it was okay, he was definitely more confused though, didn't always know who I was, kept thinking my name was Wendy (his girlfriend in high school)...he couldn't believe we were married, but somehow glad he married me!?!?!? Anyway, he slept better on Friday night, between 3:30 & 4 am I woke up to find him gone, so I got up to check and he was in the kitchen eating (which was common before the tumor) so I kissed him and said come back to bed when you're done...I was back in bed for 5 minutes when I heard the chirp of our alarm which means a door has been opened, I sprung up and got to the locked front door just in time to hear the screen door slam shut like someone had just gone out...I opened it and called his name, he was already down to the street...he was looking for his bed...he was thankful that there was a place for him to sleep in our house. He then came to bed and slept through the night, Thank God! Saturday was more normal (for lack of a better word). This week is lots better...less confusion the past few days...again, Thank God!!!

This past Thursday we went to the oncologist at Long Beach and he told us about the new intravenous medication and chemo...he has one other patient that is taking this combination who is 57 years old and his tumor is shrinking and he's not too sick from the treatment...so...now for our prayer request...please pray for these same results with Jeff's tumor!!! We are hopeful that this treatment is going to be the tool by which God heals him!!!

Again, we both are confident that God has brought us to this time in our lives and so we will trust Him in all things..."He will never leave us or forsake us!" We know that to be true...I just told Jeff...other than getting him better, we really have no worries...God is a faithful, providing God!!!

Thank you again, for all your prayers...keep lifting us up as we travel through this journey!

Bless you!
~Jayne~

I also know 2 other families in need of prayer: Greg Litherland is a friend of ours from church, whom we've served with in Kids Klub over the years...his father was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor right around the same time as Jeff and passed away last week. Please pray for comfort for Laura Litherland (Greg's mom), Greg & his family and his siblings and their families...Larry & Laura were high school sweethearts...they were together a long time. We met and got to know the Litherlands since Larry and Jeff were getting Radiation treatments at the same time at LB Memorial...they are very friendly, Godly people!

Also, other dear friends of ours, the Kings, have 2 college age daughters and the youngest of the two, Rebecca, passed away yesterday morning...I called her dad, Larry, today and he said he thought she just had a cold, but when he went to check on her she was blue...he has medic training and did all he could to revive her, but God took her home...as you can imagine, the Kings (Pat, Larry and oldest daughter Elizabeth) are devastated...please pray for their comfort, strength and the peace of God to fill them.

6 comments:

dawn said...

Jayne and Jeff, My prayers are that you may find continued peace in the midst of all this..."The Lord is My Shepherd..He leadeth me....he restores my soul" May you have a blessed and peaceful Christmas...God Bless Dawn

Gina said...

Jeff and Jayne, Our family in Sioux Falls had a special prayer time for you all today...we are hurting and hoping with you, and pray for a blessed Christmas for your family. We love you guys!

Becky said...

Merry Christmas, you guys. Praying for a restful nights sleep and the new treatments may show improvement. Love, Eric and Becky

Unknown said...

Thinking of you guys on this special Holiday - the birth of Jesus. I hope you were able to enjoy each other's company along with family. We pray that the new treatments will improve Jeff's situation - and that you will find strength, comfort and peace in HIM!

Love - Dale & Kathy

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you all. We will continue to pray that the new treatment for Jeff will be successful. May you find rest and peace in Jesus.
love, Eric and Sharla

Karen Streelman said...

Jayne,
I am always thinking about you... your family is never far from my prayers.

Love,
karen