Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Have Mercy

I was at Mom and Dad's house most of the day, I have been doing that since last week Friday, as have my siblings.  Before I left I went in to say goodbye to Dad, I asked if he needed anything, and his response was "naw, I just wish this was over."  I said, "Are you ready to go to Glory, Dad?" He said, "yeah." I told him I was sorry and he said "That's just how life goes sometimes, I guess."  I told him we were praying for God to have mercy and he said "I know."  Needless to say, I cried all the way home.  The thought ran through my head that Jeff may have felt that way too (wishing the waiting to go to heaven was done), however he was more confused than Dad and didn't say anything.  Please continue to pray for God's mercy for Dad and that he is spared from pain and lingering.  So far he still doesn't complain of pain, the hospice personnel are surprised by this...so...it is completely an answer to prayer...Thank you for your consistency.

Peace to you all!
Jayne

2 comments:

Lisa B said...

heartbreaking....keeping you in our prayers.

Kelly said...

We are keeping you, your Dad, and all your family in our prayers.

May you know that He, in his infinite mercy and grace, will provide all you need in this life and the next, and may your hearts be strengthened in Christ Jesus.