Thursday, July 3, 2008

Life so far...

Many people are wondering how we are doing...Thank you!!! We are okay for the most part. Dalaynee is still a joyous little girl and I don't cry all the time, so all is pretty well. I thank God for my little girl and how she comprehends. I must let all know that the afternoon of June 20th (the day Jeff passed away) when Jeff's breathing started to rattle and he was foaming at the mouth, I called the Hospice nurse and she came right over...she propped him up in the hospital bed we had in the living room and we gave him some liquid morphine so he was comfortable and then she told me that his lungs were filling up and it would be anywhere from 24 to 72 hours. {Just a note here...I was so thankful that my sister-in-law, Judy walked in before I got the nurse on the phone...Judy is an RN and really helped to keep me calm..Thanks Jude!!!!} Anyway, I called my family and Jeff's sons and soon our living room was filled with people...everyone said goodbye and we prayed, that he would go peacefully, not suffer too long and please Lord, don't let him die on Dalaynee's birthday (June 22nd). Then we prayed for God's guidance about Dalaynee...should she go home with my parents or stay in the house??? During that prayer I felt the overwhelming need to try to explain to her what was going on with daddy. I gave her a bath and just told her that sometimes when people are very sick like daddy they had to go live with Jesus...I asked if she knew where Jesus lived and she said no, so I told her about heaven and that when daddy gets to heaven he won't be sick anymore...she then asked if God lived in heaven too, I said yes...her next question was how daddy would get to heaven, I said that Jesus would come and get him and she asked if they would take a rocket...I thought that would be a great way for them to get there and agreed that maybe they would, wouldn't daddy love that!!! I then assured her that I wasn't going anywhere and would answer any question she had. She seemed satisfied and when Jeff passed away later that night, she rubbed his cheek and said "I'm going to miss you daddy!" We also made a deal that if either one of us gets sad we are just going to hug until we are happy again...that has worked out great!!! She still has many questions and I plan for both of us to see a counselor, but so far so good! Andrew and Zack seem okay too...very supportive a care taking to me, which is very nice. Also, Andrew got married this past Saturday, so now I have a step daughter-in-law to boot!!! You can see some pictures on Laur's blog http://greatestaunt.blogspot.com/.
Just thought I'd let you all know that we are okay...thank you for your support, love and prayers. Please continue to pray for us and please also pray for the Buccowich family http://www.buccowich.blogspot.com/
Bless you!
Jayne

10 comments:

Debra said...

Jaynie, I just read your latest blog, and the tears are rolling again. I was so glad we got to see you guys the last couple of weeks. I'm glad to hear you are doing ok. We worry about you. I remember with John that the weeks after his death were harder than his actual passing. Because when the people stop coming over and the cards and flowers stop coming, thats when the lonliness sets in. Just know that if you ever need to just talk. Im usually up til 11pm every night. Just pick up the phone and call. I love you, Deb 909-627-0122

Anonymous said...

Jayne - We think of you often. I am amazed by your strength and courage. You are not only a wife, I'm sure, but a wonderful Mom. Dalaynne is very blessed to have you both as parents. We will keep you in our prayers.
God's continued comfort.
Sharla

Unknown said...

You are so often in my thoughts as I go about my day...and I thank God for his constant love and support for you and for your family. Sending you lots of hugs to help when you're sad!
With love -
Kathy

Annette B. said...

Hey Jayne,

I've read this a couple times now and cry every time. I'm sure it's hard for life to just go back to normal, whatever normal is. You seem to continually be on my mind and in my prayers. Love you, and hope each day gets a little easier.

~Annette

P.S. the image of Jeff taking a rocket to heaven is just the best.

Anonymous said...

Jayne, my heart just goes out to you!! You are in our thoughts alot!
Keep hugging that lil girl of yours!! She is precious.
Call anytime!
Blessings to you!

Becky said...

Jayne, you are so strong to continue to update us on life so far. You are thought of often and we're praying for all of you. Congratulations on the wedding and Dalaynees birthday. Celebrations in the midst of sorrow, what mixed emotions! Love you all, Becky & Eric

Becky said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Love the new background!

The Carroll family said...

Jayne,
You are continually in our thoughts and prayers. You are so strong and I am so glad that God gave you precious little Dalaynee. What a joyous, smiley sweetheart of a little girl she is. I'm so thankful that I got to see you all. It was an amazing day for me that I didn't want to end. It felt like the old days when we were growing up..
I pray that your days are filled with God's presence and love.
love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Cuz,
Thinking bout you!! Still prayin too!! I know after Jeffs memorial it probably got pretty quiet in the house. Let me encourage you to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Keep busy with your beatifull princess and most of all keep seeking the Lords comfort and guidence. The Lord has done amazing things with you and Jeff but the road doesnt stop here. I know he has an awesome plan instore for you!! Also, I would love to have you and the little princess over for dinner. And if you ever need time alone (a mommy break) give me a call we would love to have her for an afternoon or evening!! I Love You!!

Love always,
B

Jayne said...

Thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement and love. I will make a new post very soon. Bless you!!!! =)