Friday, July 27, 2007

God is with us!!!


Hello all!
We are still dealing with the memory deficit...but...at times there are things Jeff is able to pull out of his memory banks and he surprises the heck out of me. He then forgets it 10 minutes later, but I believe it's a good sign for him to be able to do that once in awhile. There are certain small facts he is able to retain day to day (the year, treatment schedule, etc...). The doctors are now telling us that this may take longer than just a few days to get better...they assure us that it is not permanent, but it may take weeks or months to get it back (aarg!!!). In the last few days I have spoken with a few of the higher ups at Jeff's work and together we decided that this would be a good time for him to go on disability. Through a good friend of mine, Carmen, I was informed that I can also go out on Family leave disability which is a program provided for the dad of a newborn to take time to bond with the baby or if you adopt a child, also if you need to take care of a loved one. Since he is having trouble being by himself when I'm at work...I've decided that this is a blessing for us...the radiologist's office had no problems filling out the paperwork for both of us and I should be able to mail it out this weekend.
Last night we went to the Thursday night prayer service at our church called Oasis...we've been regular attenders since Jeff's diagnosis and I'm a little ashamed that it took desperately needed prayer warriors to get us there regularly, but, I do believe we will continue to attend even after we are out of the proverbial woods. Anyway, If you haven't jumped over to the Buccowich's web page from ours, let me fill you in on what is going on at our church...we have a total of 22 people in our church who are dealing with Cancer or tumors and at least 31 more with various medical inflictions...that's way too many, even for a church as big as ours...some of our members have felt strongly that God is up to something & the Nord's agree...God IS in control, but our church members are under attack. The normal order for the Thursday night service is to pray for the church, Pastors, marriages, service projects etc...NOW...we are beginning a prayer vigil for healing!!!! Last night was the start of united prayers for God's direction on how we are to pray for all inflicted and on Sunday night we will come back together and discuss what God has shown different people as a direction for prayer...then from Sunday to next week Thursday we are praying unceasingly in whatever way God has directed. Many believe that God's going to do miraculous things through the inflicted at our church. Please join us in our efforts to seek the Lord's leading with the health concerns of the members of our church.

The Nord's immediate prayer concern is Jeff's memory...please pray that it is restored soon and continue to pray for peace, strength and healing for Jeff, Susan, and all the others in our church that are dealing with life changing medical conditions.

Without Our God & all who read this, we would truly be lost!!!

~Jayne~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both amaze me! To by dear friend whom I consider more of a big brother, I know that God will continue to use you to inspire others and bring others to Him. In fact, you are such an inspiration to me! Seeing you continue to serve and go on with your life, all while praising God and thinking of the good things just simply amazes me. Know that Tim and I are praying for you. I'm thankful you still have your long term memory so you can remember all our good old times! :o) Jayne, thanks for being Jeff's rock (his word). You are an awesome wife and mother. All my love, Patti de Koekkoek.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Glad to hear that you will be able to stay with Jeff and be there for him as he needs you. I'm sure you must have your low moments, but you both are true witnesses for God. Love you both.